Registration & Line Up: 2:30 PM
Parade Start Time: 3PM
Parade Route: at the Party on The Boulevard
Parade Entry Fee: Free. Each owner are limited to 3 dogs.
Duration: Between 15-30 minutes, depending on the number of entries
Deadline to Register Online: Friday, February 1, 2019
NO EXCEPTIONS . MUST REGISTER ONLINE.
Awards Presented and Pictures Taken: Immediately after the parade
Awards will be given for:
- Best Dressed
- Owner & Pet Look-alike
- Dog with Most Potential
Pet Parade Regulations:
- All pets MUST be on leash or crated.
- No animals in “heat”
- ONLY Positive Reinforcement Control is allowed.
Humans: If you cannot control your pet without getting frustrated, yelling, screaming, or using physical force, please do not register to be a part of the Pet Parade. Any misconduct, abuse, or neglect will be reported to the City of Mercedes Police, which will be onsite.
All types of pets (domesticated) are welcome:
- All marchers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No political or commercial advertisement.
- No demonstrations.
- No solicitations and no sale of any product is allowed.
- Foot power only (exceptions may be arranged for special needs).
- Wagons and strollers are allowed at one per participant.
- Groups and families are encouraged to identify themselves with a banner or sign.
- Pet owners must pick up their pet’s “refuse” before, during, and after the parade. Bring the necessary disposable bags and use them. The police ask that this is enforced.
- Law enforcement will be onsite and available to enforce all laws.